Laser beam welding machines
Our equipment is sold throughout Europe and in the USA. The machine manufacturers use only high-quality components of world-class brands. This ensures the durability and reliability of our welding machines.
By purchasing a machine from our catalog, you also get a warranty, consulting, training, and maintenance. For more information about laser beam welding machines, please contact our managers.
Operating principle of laser beam welding
Laser beam welding is performed with special equipment. Such a method allows producing items with a high quality joint at high speed.
Welding occurs due to heating and melting of the processed metal. A laser beam that penetrates the metal causes these processes. The equipment creates a light flux with uniform wavelength. A focus is achieved by guide mirrors. The energy flow is controlled by focus lenses.
The laser welding process is performed in the following order:
- Parts connection. Parts are pressed tightly together and fixed at several points on the worktable of the machine.
- Laser installation. The machine’s head is pointed at the area of the future welding seam.
- Switching on the generator. The machine is actuated by an operator. After that, the process of heating, melting, and evaporating of particles is activated.
The laser beam has a small cross-section. This allows you to fill the smallest cavities and unevenness of the material and ensures the most even and smooth joint seam. This advantage is unique to laser beam welding. Also, due to the high speed of laser beam travelling, there is not enough time for metal to oxidize.
With the laser beam welding, it possible to get two types of connecting seams:
- Full penetrated weld. It is used to weld stainless steel pipes.
- Intermittent weld. It is used when welding small parts with surface damages.
Features of welding different materials.
Each metal has its own set of characteristics that should be taken into account when welding with the laser beam welding machine. Note: before laser beam welding, it is recommended to pre-clean the material. This is especially true for those metals that are prone to corrosion. The cleaning can be done with a usual stainless brush.
To weld parts from titanium, it is recommended to pre-clean the material. For example, by sandblasting. Then, it is advisable to etch, wash, and treat the metal with helium.
The metal is prone to oxidation and releasing volatile elements. That is why, it is recommended to etch it and treat it with a hand scraper.
Such a metal type as well as brass and other zinc-containing alloys should not be welded with a handheld laser machine. This is due to the release of hazardous volatiles. Such treatment is possible, but a very powerful exhaust system is required.
How to select a laser beam welding machine
Virmer takes care of its customers. We are interested in helping you with a choice of laser welding equipment that is suitable for your production needs. Therefore, we have compiled the most important criteria to focus on when purchasing laser beam welding machines.
This criterion is based on two main parameters of an emitter: its power and its brand.
The power should be chosen according to the thickness and type of the metal to be processed. For example, to weld elements up to 3 mm thick, a power of 1000 W is quite enough. For thicker material, equipment with higher power is required.
The following brands of laser emitters are in the highest demand:
- IPG. The leader among the manufactures. Emitters of this brand are distinguished by high precision, double protection of the beam, and high quality of work performed.
- JPT. A cheaper analog of IPG. It also manufactures high quality laser emitters. However, it is a little less effective. We recommend using it for welding aluminium.
- Raycus. Another proven brand. Emitters of this manufacturer are designed for welding different types of metals except for non-ferrous metals.
- RECI. These laser sources will be the perfect budget solution for production focused on aluminium and stainless steel welding.
All mentioned laser emitters perform perfectly providing high quality of welding. Thus, our company recommends considering them when you are choosing welding equipment.
Laser welding heads are available in two versions:
- 1 block of engines and 1 set of focal lenses. This type of equipment allows generating a laser beam with a spot’s diameter of up to 5 mm. This solution is indispensable for welding thick metals. It is recommended to use the equipment with the wire feeding system for welding.
- 2 blocks of engines and focal lenses. It is suitable for welding elements up to 1 mm thick. The high quality of welding is provided by using oscillation.
For the first version, the weight of the head is up to 0.8 kg, for the second – up to 2 kg.
High-quality laser beam welding machines come with double-circuits chillers. This allows you to cool both the laser emitter and the welding head. Purchasing a laser machine with such cooling equipment ensures its longer service life.
Wattsan laser weld machine overview
The equipment is designed for manual laser welding. Using it, you can process the following metals:
- stainless, galvanize, and carbon steel.
The machine is supplied in four versions with different power of the laser source (500W, 1000W, 1500W, and 2000W). You can choose the emitter brand from the following: Reci (is included in the basic version of the machine), Raycus, IPG, JPT.
The equipment dimensions are 1120x550x1120 mm. It is equipped with a 2-motor welding head and program control system. This allows you to set up the type and thickness of a weld seam.
The Wattsan laser weld guarantees high quality and durability of welding due to the absence of material deformation during processing. Mechanical post-treatment is not required. Thus, the machine saves up your time.
It is easy to operate and accessible to people without specialized training. To start working, you just need to fix two metal objects in several places. After that, you can start welding.
Our customers choose the Wattsan laser weld to produce:
- spare car parts.
In addition, it can be used in automotive and aircraft industries.